Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Don't Vote or STFU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fj6cx7x-Uos



Your vote matters
1. Look at all these votes!
The more votes that are there, the more apparent it is that
your vote is a small dip in the pool. In fact, during the last
election when I was considering whether I would vote or not
(the only reasonable person I could think of was Ron Paul)
I predicted that Barak Obama would win. It wasn't really that
hard to figure out. My main concern at the time was that McCain
wouldn't win, because he had sided up with Palin, and who
knew when that fucker would die and that moron of a bitch would
take his place?
The prime fallacy of voted could be demonstrated in one way:
Two wolfs and a sheep voting about whether the sheep will be
eaten for dinner. Could you predict that outcome? Hmmm.
The less barbaric way of doing this "voting" stuff would
be to have those who did not want the thing being voted for...
to simply not be involved. Those who wanted the thing voted
for could then proceed on, gung-ho! Unless, of course, the
money they needed was part of that group that said "No Thanks".
But at this point, you're telling people who don't want this
thing being voted for that you want them to be included,
and then to lose, just so that they're forced to go along
with this stupidity... because it's called "democracy"?

2. "If you don't want a party that doesn't represent you,
you have to go out and vote for a party that reflects
your thoughts feelings and opinions better than them."
Why? Why do I have to vote for someone? Additionally,
what if none of the candidates don't represent me?

3. "When we're talking about the difference between
parties being in the hundreds or thousands of votes,
your vote really Does make a difference."
Yes, at that scale, it is more noticable.

4. "My vote doesn't count? Well yes, yes it does."
And so does that sheep in the wolf example. I don't
think it helped the sheep.

5. "You just have to make the effort to find out
the best party for you."
None of them. And that's pretty much always going
to be the case.

6. "And then vote for them."
Again, why?

7. "Not voting is not a protest. Unless you tell
someone exactly why you're not voting, it doesn't
count."
Now here's a point I think we're closer to agreeing
about. When I've been talking with people and
they've been telling me that I have no voice if
I don't vote, I give my reasons for not voting...
like that two wolves and sheep example. So, I kind
of agree with you right here. If you can't explain
why you're not voting... people are going to vote,
and there's going to be majority tyranny.

8. "40-something percent didn't show up, and we
don't know why."
Well, now you will. Along with that, it is probrable
that those were apathetic people. YouTube has greatly
enhanced the meme, and now we've got a voice to explain
why we're not voting.

9. "If you don't want to vote, spoil your ballot."
That.... actually sounds rather interesting.
I'll have to think about that a bit. Nonetheless,
I'll keep explaining my "spoiled" or lack of providing
a spoiled, vote.

10. "Eventually, they'll hear you, and they'll try and
reach you."
Perhaps they could take the knife out of the two
wolves hands while they're at it?

11. "But you've gotta make an effort."
I am. To convince people that voting is hazardous
to the public health and economy. How? Because
voting endorses taxation, which part of Statism,
part of the corruption that is ruining lives
all around. So, if you want to really help out the
world, don't vote. Don't help the two wolves eat
the poor sheep.

12. "You can even go and spoil your ballot
and that still says something. It still
makes a statement, and that statement
entitles you to complain about the system
in which you live for the next few years."
So... if you vote, you've accepted living
in this "system" for the next few years.
Accordingly, if you want to live in this
system, doesn't that mean that you have
no complaints about it? It seems more like
you would be "entitled" to complain if
you weren't saying, "Hey, yeah, I'll join
the system for the next few years, I've
got no complaints with it."
If you looked at an apple and saw a worm
in it, and then decided to get that apple
with the worm in it, bought it, and then
complained about it, what do you think
people would say to you? ...Exactly.
To use another example that is somewhat
often used, would you join the KKK in
order to changed the KKK? Hey, you've
got no right to complain about the KKK
if you haven't tried to change it by joining
in and choosing the next leader, who you
think most closely represents you.
Y'know, do you want the guy who wants
to first shoot blacks and then hang
them, or first hang the blacks and then
shoot them? It's a touchy issue for many
inside the KKK, and must be treated delicately.

13. "Vote, or STFU."
Others have dealt with this one and I
don't feel like it's worth bothering with.

14. "Democracy isn't perfect, and it's
not going to be necessarily fair because
it's very difficult to incorporate the
individual into a system that's manageble
in a bigger government level. But y'know,
it's a lot better than some of the alternatives
that us flawed little complicated humans
have come up with."
And you know what would be better?
Having people who want to be included in
projects be able to be included or not included,
instead of forcing people to join in through
taxes and voting.
The second part of this bears of striking
semblance to what Christians say about their
religion: "Hey, at least we aren't violent
like the Muslims!" Hardly a good excuse.

15. "72% find people who vote incredibly attractive."
Noting the 82% of statistics are made-up on the
spot, I give you an even better statistic:
30,000% of people who don't vote lead more
intelligent, productive, enjoyable, and
sexy lives. And that's even more than how
many people voted for the Labour party
that got almost 20 thousand votes.

No comments:

Post a Comment