I've been debating with myself whether the use of the word "Hate" was proper in my last post. Hate, after all, is a rather strong word. However, I think the use is proper.
The thought came from the memory of a passage in "The Giver" by Lois Lowry. Jonas was talking about how he hated something, and one of the caregivers responded with, "No, you don't hate it. Hate is such a strong word."
"Alright then," he responded (or she corrected him; I forget which). "I strongly dislike it."
But, thinking of the context of it, hate was the proper word when Jonas used it. I think that the use of the word hate is so emotionally so apt that the caregiver couldn't stand to have him using it; emotion was bad. Or, if not emotion, strong emotion.
Then again, Lindsay has said that I seem/(ed) to be against emotion, though in talking with Crystal, Crystal said that that was projection. Hm. *shrug* I'll think about it some more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment