"Cohen Marcus May 21 at 9:51pm Report
hey - I have to ask you to please take the ATW MAPS session off of your youtube account & no longer record and/or post them through your personal page.
I'v contacted Reece and have asked him to contact you as well.
Because ATW is about to launch as an actual "company" even tho it's a spiritual vision - we have to maintain intellectual property on the things through software and programs that ATW is providing...
what that means exactly - is that people can't record and re-broadcast/post an unofficial outside recording that isn't directly through ATW - because we're set up in a way that takes people through ATWSource hubpage/classroom/events and tracks who watches what and captures emails to be able to connect with the people enjoying ATW & MAPS events.
Of course we'd love it if you wanted post the link, archive, spread the word to help support reece & maps - or whatever - as long as it is our recording & not an outside source.
this will be the case with all live events/archives - or else - we run into the issue of random people posting paid events and compromising the integrity of the structure we're putting together.
hope you understand!
most legal "companies" have to run this way, or things quickly get out of hand.
please respond to this and let me know that you'll take them down please.
thanks again,
cohen marcus
co-creator of Awakening Truth Worldwide Online Classroom, Social Community and ATW Radio"
Simply put: this does not sit well with me.
Copyright is bullshit, and I'm sad to see
this intermingle with MAPS. The ATW
site ones do not have the ability for
a YouTube-like interaction.
My response:
"SomethingSea Trashed May 21 at 10:27pm
Hello Cohen.
I'm a little taken aback by this turn of events. My goal with posting them on YouTube is that the the Sessions be able to have a YouTube feel -- comments, ratings, the such.
I'm not sure how familiar you are with YouTube. Since you want to have people be centralized at the ATW website, I see a way for us to both get what we want:
1. I can put the videos on unlisted (unsearchable by YouTube; only accessible through knowing the YT url) and embedding them on the ATW website where it is seen fit.
2.
a. You can upload the videos on public on TheATWMovement; however, supposing that this goes against the goal of centralization on the ATW website,
b. You can upload the videos on unlisted on TheATWMovement and embed them where you see fit on the ATW website.
3. I give you each MAPS session and you can upload them on public/unlisted, so that you don't have to do the work of recording the sessions the YouTube style.
I much prefer the style of YouTube over the ATW archives, and I would be saddened to not be able to watch MAPS on YouTube."
His reply back:
"Cohen Marcus May 21 at 10:49pm Report
i know you're just trying to bring awareness and support MAPS - but the HUGE downfall is with being able to SEE who's taking what and for each person who participates/watches the events - they go into the database to be able to communicate with them. I know youtube is a better layout for viewing - we're working on some things to be able to post certain things through youtube...but the true goal is having people come INTO the classroom and social community, not just particpate on the outskirts - so this is something we REALLY need you to take down - because i see a total of 200 + people/views on total maps - that right now - we can't communicate with..
we're branching into several other areas and will be integrating certain aspects of whats going on in ATW through our youtube account.
We appreciate the offer, but would like you to simply remove the ATW MAPS sessions (through instant presenter) on your youtube account and no longer record them.
like i said - theres bigger aspects of whats going on, about to be shown - but at no point can we have people recording sessions and posting them without going through the right avenues.
hope you understand,
cohen"
Then I made the video that proceeds this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYUzTThMliE
and I replied back:
"SomethingSea Trashed May 22 at 12:25am
I have unlisted the MAPS videos. I have also made a video wherein I talk about this and present both YT and ATW links, recommending the ATW links for the reason(s) you have mentioned.
I feel rather uncertain about this, but I'll watch and see how things develop.
Thank you for being understanding and talking about this so I can understand what your intention is. It has greatly helped. I at first thought it was about copyright/intellectual property in the profit DMCA sense; I now see it as being nearly the same as my intent, with just a different twist to it. That I can definitely appreciate."
His reply:
"Cohen Marcus May 22 at 12:27am Report
yeah - i saw u just took them down, very much appreciated!
and we welcome your support in any other ways - thank YOU for understanding!
i see you signed up for the event tomorrow, should be a good one! Take care, love and light
lots of awesome events to come :)"
My reply:
"SomethingSea Trashed May 22 at 12:35am
:) Thank you as well. lol It is indeed understandable why you would also thank me for understanding, as it means fewer lost contacts to give information to. xD
Yes, I've signed up for the Adronis one - it looks good! Will it be archived, as the MAPS sessions are? ;-)
May MAPS and ATW fluorish :-)"
You'll notice I didn't mention my intent to continue to record the sessions. That's for two reasons.
1. I'm not sure he'd agree about it, and... well, I'm sort of a sneaky mofo.
2. Since they'll be both unlisted and only on the video mentioned, the loss of contact information from viewing the YT videos will, I think, be minimal.
Saturday, May 21, 2011
ATW Requests That I Not Post MAPS
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment