Sunday, July 4, 2010

Poem: The "Great" Artist

So sick of self-referring promotions 
Figured I'd do one proper 
I've had enough revolutions 
I'll stick it right to their pooper 

You hear about Rock Star from Prima J 
You hear about Kelle from "Big Plans" 
But chu don't hear nothin' 'bout ME. 

And I'm the one who matters 
(adjust this, whomever might use it) 
Y'oughta listen to my blather 

I might not say it so fancy 
But I's got a point I'm making 
Stay here and listen to my acid words 
So you can improve yourself 

As I get worse lyrically 
I implore you all the more vehemently 
As you explain that they have a nice 
beat, 
I explain that I got them defeat 
...ted. 

What could my last word be, 
but a whine to provoke your em-pity? 
Great artist that I am 
You flip a penny into my can 

Great artist that I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment