4:41 am
After hearing a reference to the Free State Project from
a School Sucks Podcast ("Expansion and "Activation"")
(which I had come to from stefbot's YouTube stuff,
whose website is Freedomain Radio),
I thought of an answer to the ideological problem of
taxation that I was facing: Move to a State that has
no income tax. This presumes, of course, that such
a thing exists.
I went to the Free State Project site with the intention
of finding out if there was income tax for jobs.
Under "Moving to New Hampsure" was the question
of jobs, which I went to. The first thing suggested
was the Discussion Form. I went to the link
and searched "job tax". The results weren't exactly
encouraging (such as one that had the part
"will explore the area and the costs are tax deductible. I will probably get" -
I don't want "tax deductable": I want no theft at all),
and they were years old.
But then I came upon "The institution that holds the right to tax (steal) and monopolize the law needs to",
but it was in relation to Wyoming
(Ctrl+F: "there is no income tax" brings you to the specific post),
which I thought to be odd.
Then I wondered if there were other states with
no income tax - and, better yet, no property tax, too.
Alaska, Florida, Nevada, South Dakota, Texas, Washington, and Wyoming.
So, taxes are what pay for schools, police, fire departments, etc. Alaska, Florida, Nevada, South Dakota, Texas, Washington, and Wyoming.
Apparently, also, "Alaska and North Dakota doesn't collect taxes, but it doesn't rate high of the list of places to live."
However, I know this statement to be false, as I currently
live in North Dakota and know that it ("it" being those
in the place marked off and named as "North Dakota"
who say that they are taking your money to provide
you services as the means of legitimizing the theft)
steals income.
Doing a search on property tax came up with:
"Property taxes are what pay for schools, police, fire departments, etc. so every state has property tax. In Alaska, most taxes are covered by oil revenue, and only 25 cities have a property tax there -- that's as good as it gets, if you don't mind living with 20 hours of darkness a few months per year!"If you have any idea what I started this out with (School Sucks),
you probably know what my answers will be:
Taxes pay for:
1. Schools (indoctrination camps)
2. Police (extortionist bullies)
3. Fire Departments (got nothing. seems like something
that could be made irrelevant by planning on the part
of those who are in their own house. and, if not...
why are we taking responsibility for others' stupidity?)
4. etc. (such as?) (roads? not again... really, couldn't
"that's as good as it gets, if you don't mind living with 20 hours of darkness a few months per year!"you just pay for the roads you use? "But it's free!"
Yeah, it's free... at the cost of your liberty, is all.
college? get a library card;
the value of college lies in its perceived value, which,
like the extortionist racket that precedes it, will diminish
in value over time - it's already starting to
heathcare? I don't know anything about the subject,
and don't care to. My health is my own and the only
heath care I have ever gotten was from my parents;
ever since I left home I entirely eschewed it. The prices
are exorbitant and the overhead insane. For the same
reason, I don't have a car or insurance for one.
Talk with someone else. How have I fared with this?
Pretty well. I have no life, according to what is "normal"
nowadays. I'm almost always on the computer.
... I seem to have sidetracked a little.
social security? Social insecurity with a chance of
Identity Theft... anyway...)
Yes, but Because of taxes, conformity, and our delusions/ignorance, dear fellow.
Apparently, if the property tax is abolished,
sales tax is raised:
While sales tax is annoying, at least I can
choose it, and food (such as noodles)
tends to not have tax. What I'm focusing
on is being able to live without extortion,
not on comfortably living in luxury... yet.
It could also be stated in the positive as
living anarchicly
or
living in a voluntary world
or letting things emerge as they will (instead
of forcing people to do what they want
to do anyway).
depression, I have an idea:
In the same way that I "stayed the course"
in a private high school that I attended
(that is now closed) because I knew that
after that school year, I would be out
of school (out of prison), I could stand
the last few weeks, since I knew that
I would soon be free... well, for a little
while anyway; and, freer to think without
as much stress.
Likewise, now, I am considering
getting a job as a means of piling some
money up to escape the extortion
racket. Why am I allowing the theft?
For the promise that I can escape it.
Where it the case that I did not
find any states that had no income
tax, I would still be in paralysis.
Additionally, I figure that I can just
rent at the state, thereinby avoiding
property tax. It's not that great of a
plan yet, but it's better than paralysis.
Now... as to which one I'd like to
go to...
Those states that have an increased
sales tax appear to not be included
in the list of non-taxed income states:
"Additionally, New Hampshire andTennessee limit their state income taxes to only dividends andinterest income. These states (such as Tennessee) raise primary revenue through alternate taxation methods, such as higher sales taxes.[1]"
There's already a half-started speech forming
in my mind as a response to two people who
encouraged me to get a job here:
"You asked me 'What can ya do about it?
Just gotta deal with it.'
I tell you - there are more options than that.
You can go to South Dakota. That's not the
only option, but its the most feasable, given
that North Dakota is right next to it.
There are also Alaska, Washington, Wyoming,
Texas, Florida, and Nevada. Alaska, for example,
is probably not an attractive option. Florida,
on the other hand, kinda is."
The argument against this, of course, is:
"But what if everyone decides to go to those states?
Wouldn't they become overrun?"
And my answer to that is:
"Totally. And if everyone is thinking that way, then
it becomes unnecessary. If That many people reject/question
the legitimacy of the State, and/or such that they're/we're willing
to either avoid or resist extortion -- taxation, then
all of those - us - they - who agree that taxation is theft,
can simply apply the principles right where we are."
That second thought is partially driven from
seeing the "0778 Already in New Hampshire" counter,
which, although it is encouraging, is mistaken, I think,
in basic approach. That, or I'm mistaken. Either way,
nice to see, and interesting thought that it provoked.
Why do I not just get a job in ND and then resist
the taxes? To much effort - probably, enough to
make an employer unwilling to take me on.
And then the second part - being taken to jail,
and the possibility/probability of being shot when
I resist. It's a lot easier to just go somewhere
else where people aren't insane. Or... lol, to
go to a place where people share my insanity.
If there weren't any states that had no income tax, I would take the jail route, if it came to that.
It would probably be more practical for the police
to put me on house arrest, though. ... Which
is oh-so-much-different from what I already
practice :P XD
And then I would have the full showing of
what is implied by all of the "be selfless" language:
Help others -- or I shoot you.
And that's what I want: to show others the inherent violence in the system. So, perhaps, it would be
better that I stay in ND and have this thing
finally happen. ^_^ I love having food for
thought! - options!
The way I'm writing this has the look and
feel of a blog. I'm wondering, however, if I should
even let these writings out - if I should just
keep these with myself, as with those who
went with John Galt. But, as per some of
"What we have today is not a capitalist society, but a mixed economy – that is, a mixture of freedom and controls, which, by the presently dominant trend, is moving toward dictatorship. The action in Atlas Shrugged takes place at a time when society has reached the stage of dictatorship. When and if this happens, that will be the time to go on strike, but not until then."
i.e. No, not yet. My guess is that it's because, if it has not reached dictatorship, people are still
thinking enough (such as myself and perhaps
yourself) that there's a possibility of reversal.
Thinking back on The Free State Project, it sounds
like a contradiction in terms. The Founding Fathers
started with Minarchy (limited government), and
now look what we have. Why would it be any
different the next time? Why wouldn't it just be
a slower process?
Additionally, the ideology of voting is still there.
(voting = slave)
Oh - according to this site,
Delaware, Montana, and Oregon have no state or loc...
nevermind... sales tax is irrelevant at the moment.
It'll factor in overall, though.
Also, as per Stefan's
"Why should you listen to me?
An excellent question, I can see we're going to get along already!
First of all, I am completely unimportant in the conversation. In my podcasts and videos, I try to avoid opinions, and instead talk about proof and rationality. If the theories I propose are reasonable, and are supported by evidence, well and good, we have both learned something. If not, listeners such as you are quick to point out errors, which I receive with gratitude.
This approach is fundamentally different from most "talk shows." I am a rigorous philosopher, and I will always bow to reason and evidence. This is not a show about my opinions, because who would care about those?"
please point out both where you think I am wrong (and why)
and where you think I am just making an opinion*
*[will take effect if I put this as a blog].
Here are some examples of civil disobedience in one specific spot (Keene, NH) that is apparently recommended
:
"Several Free State Project participants have taken part in acts of civil disobedience within New Hampshire. Lauren Canario was arrested for driving without a license, and then refused to co-operate with legal proceedings. She was arrested for a second time when she entered a court building without permission to retrieve a camera that had been taken from her.
On January 10, 2009, Andrew Carroll, an 18-year-old Free State Project participant, took part in an act of marijuana civil disobedience. Though he does not smoke it himself, he openly possessed marijuana, in order to demonstrate what he believes to be the stupidity of the drug war.[13]Carroll was arrested for this, and was found guilty - but is opting to spend eight days in jail and appeal the conviction rather than pay a $420 fine. [14]
Most recently, in April 2009, Sam Dodson was arrested for filming in a court lobby. As he refused to give his name (asserting his Fifth Amendment right), he was held in jail for nearly two months before being released for unknown reasons."
There is no need to assert the Fifth Amendment right
(these thought from John Galt):
you cannot have your rights taken away except by
your permission. A simple silence in response to "What's
your name?" would have sufficed. Or, perhaps he did not
assert anything and did in fact remain silent, and the
wiki person said the he was asserting it.
And, how fucking grandiose to put someone in
jail for 2 months for refusing to tell you their name!
A note: If your rights are given to you, then they
are not yours, and can be taken away on terms
that are not yours. Such rights... are not rights,
are not yours. They are permissions. Do you want
permission to liberty? The right of liberty - the right
to life - is at a cost -- thinking, reason. I'm referencing
Atlas Shrugged. It is quite possible that I am not
paying enough.
"
- Because Tennessee puts all its eggs in one basket. The state of Tennessee relies on sales & selective taxes for nearly 80% of its revenue.4 One revenue source isn't enough!
- Because each increase in the sales tax rate results in more shoppers leaving the state by car, mail order, and internet. This means lost jobs for Tennesseans, lost revenue for the state, and less services for the people that live here.
- Because 42 other states in the nation balance their lower sales tax with a modest income tax. This gives these states a diverse revenue base to draw upon, providing stable and adequate funding for schools and other public services. It's time for Tennessee to do the same.
"
So, Tennessee has been avoiding overt taxation with less noticeable taxation, and it has lead
to undesirable results. The encouragement
on the page is to increase income tax to
balance it out. No one thought of just abolishing
tax altogether, huh?
The page is quite right, though: One revenue source
for extortion isn't enough. You have to steal entire
lifes and centuries to make it work... barely. And it will
all fall down later.
No comments:
Post a Comment